Good Human Tip Of The Week – Ditch The Produce Bags.

February 2, 2008 6 Comments

Skip the little produce plastic bags at the grocery store for bigger items. Do your bananas, oranges or other tough fruit and veggies really need their own little bag? Just throw them in the cart, we don’t eat the skins anyway – let them get dirty!

Filed in: Environment

Thanks Speedy!

2. speedy says:

When I go to the grocery store or the farmers market, I always have cloth produce bags inside my canvas grocery totes. They add only a negligible amount of weight, and they keep everything neat and tidy.

Here is where I found mine:

3. greengo says:

Great Idea!

Check out my site to see what folks are doing in Ireland, for some inspiration…

4. guinness416 says:

David, did you see this article in the NYT? I’m Irish and can definitely agree with the “it’s become socially unacceptable” comment – my parents look at you like you’ve walked in dog dirt if you bring plastic bags into their house. Key to the success of the policy – making it illegal for shop owners to either pay for the customers’ plastic bags or to change to paper.

5. guinness416 says:

Okay I completely scanned over the previous comment; sorry Greengo!

No worries guinness416!