Some regular readers might remember back when I bought my “Think” chair, the Cradle to Cradle certified office chair. Here are the pictures of it I put in my post back then:
According to McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry’s (MBDC) information, my chair is certified Cradle to Cradle because:
- It is Up to 99% recyclable by weight
- Disassembly for recycling takes about five minutes using common hand tools (e.g., hammer, screwdriver). Disassembly instructions are available for download and customers are invited to participate in the recovery, reuse and recycling of used furniture through the Steelcase Environmental Partnership.
- Up to 44% recycled content
- Holds the NF Environnement Label in France for environmental quality
- Greenguard Indoor Air Quality Certified
Back then, a bunch of you guys took Steelcase up on their offer for a 10% discount on the chair when you ordered from them and mentioned this site. Well, I have an even bigger discount available for you now…even though I cannot tell you what it is here. The company Office Environments has been kind enough to put together an incredible discount for readers of The Good Human that I wish I had had when I bought my chair from them back in March of 2007. Let’s just say that you are getting it cheaper by calling them and mentioning The Good Human then you could get it anywhere else that I could find. If you have been thinking of getting a new office chair that is eco-friendly and ergonomically-correct, you can’t go wrong with this chair. I have been sitting in mine for almost a year now and I would never go back to a “standard” office chair. This chair has made a world of difference in me being able to sit here for over 8 hours a day!
So if you want to see what the discount is, just give Karen Cornwell at Office Environments a call (Direct: 704.714.7219 or Toll Free: 888.861.2525) or send her an email and she will set you up and let you know how much of a discount you can get – believe me, it’s worth it. Be sure to mention The Good Human when you talk to her!Like this post? If so, please consider subscribing to my full feed RSS. Or, if you would prefer, you can subscribe by Email: