Free Reusable Yogurt Container From Stonyfield Farm.

January 19, 2010 7 Comments

Eat yogurt everyday? Stopped buying those little containers and instead switched to the big tubs? While some of my friends make their own yogurt, I never got it to work correctly – so I continue to buy my favorite from Stonyfield Farm instead. But today when I took the lid of a new tub, it had an offer for a free reusable yogurt cup on it! This 8-oz container is made by Preserve (who makes my favorite toothbrush, too) out of recycled plastic that is BPA-free and dishwasher safe. You just have to send in 4 of the Stonyfield Farm foil tops by February 28, 2010 and they will send you one of these reusable containers for free. Pretty cool.

These guys make my favorite yogurts right now and Preserve makes my toothbrushes and takes them back to make them into playground equipment (and yogurt containers, I guess) when I am done with them. So it’s nice to see them working together like this!

Filed in: Recycling • Tags: ,

1. Jeff says:

Making yogurt doesn’t get much easier. And while these cups may appear environmentally sound, they simply are not. Someone is reprocessing plastic, making and shipping containers. Its all a big waste of resources.

• david says:

You’re right Jeff, we should just use plastic once and then throw it in a landfill for a few hundred years instead of recycling it into another product that people would buy anyway.

2. Leslie says:

I love Stonyfield and was excited to see this offer too. I plan to use mine for those days when I need to take my yo on the go! (Of course I will bring it back home and wash it rather than toss it!)

I’m also a fan of the Preserve toothbrushes! Happiness is a second life in a park bench!

3. Diane says:

I’ve stopped buying the little containers of yougurt that my kids like and get the one big one, but the kids aren’t as happy about it. Their favorite flavors aren’t sold in the big ones.

On another note, with all these electric cars coming out, I’ve wondered about the difference to our world between consuming fossile fuels for transportation directly and those used to power electric production plants. Is there any difference in the end? I also have 8 kids and 6 are in car seats, so how am I to get a vehicle small enough to power alternatively yet large enough to carry us?

4. dave says:

Never got our reusable containers….bummer. It is April now.

5. Gwen says:

I’m with you, Dave. Where is my container?