EWG, a reference I use all the time for finding out product toxicity, has released their annual guide to sunscreens just in time for summer. They cover 1,400 sunscreens, lip balms and moisturizers and tell you what you need to know to find safe and effective sunscreens. I use this list every year to buy a safe sunscreen for myself, and you should too! Here are their Top 5 sunscreen products which contain the minerals zinc or titanium for people who are looking for the best UVA protection without any sunscreen chemical considered to be a potential hormone disruptor:
– All Terrain Aquasport Performance Sunscreen, SPF 30
– Badger Sunscreen for Face and Body, Unscented, SPF 30
– Beyond Coastal Lip and Face Screen, SPF 30
– California Baby Sunblock Stick No Fragrance, SPF 30+
– Caribbean Solutions Natural/Biodegradable SolGuard, SPF 25
And with a helpful form to help you find the sunscreen for your needs, once again the EWG provides an amazing resource for those of us looking to keep toxic chemicals off our bodies. Check it out before you go shopping.