It’s time for another giveaway here on The Good Human! This time I am giving away 4 copies of the book The Healthy Home: Simple Truths to Protect Your Family from Hidden Household Dangers by Dr. Myron Wentz and Dave Wentz, which I just recently finished reading myself. Full of great information and advice about the toxins we could be poisoning ourselves with inside (and outside) of our homes and what to do to clean them up. The authors walk the reader through a typical house, pointing out the dangers that may be hidden from view but can be serious health issues. While a lot of the information is probably well-known by long-time readers of this site, I learned quite a few tips that I can implement in my home right away. Here’s a snippet from the book:
Have you ever considered:
– Chemicals added to fabrics to enhance durability and stain and wrinkle resistance have been linked to both reproductive and developmental toxicity, as well as cancers of the liver and bladder. But organic cotton contains none of these.
– Aluminum can induce oxidative damage, which has been linked to Parkinson’s and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), yet a typical dose of your regular antacids can contain as much as 400 mg of aluminum. A little soda water anyone?
– Your cooking pans coated with non-stick Teflon can release six toxic gases when heated up to 680Â°F on a regular electric stove, including two carcinogens, two global pollutants, and a chemical known to be lethal to humans. Maybe the extra scrubbing of a regular pan is worth it.
– The air in your home is constantly filled with toxins from the paint on your walls, the glue that holds down your carpet, and the fire-retardant chemicals coating your comfy mattress. You can learn how to minimize your exposure.
With the help of The Healthy Home, you’ll learn about the dangerous substances you may be exposed to on a daily basis, and the simple but effective changes you can start making today that will help you and your family reduce your toxic burden.
Overall, I do recommend you check out this book if you are concerned about the potential toxins surrounding you and your family. It offers solid advice, tips, and alternatives to help you clean up your environment at home. The authors are also donating all proceeds from the book to The Children’s Hunger Fund, so if you don’t win a copy here you can know that your purchase of the book goes towards that cause. Now, how can you win a copy? It’s quite simple, really. Follow the below rules to enter:
– The giveaway starts now and will be open until Thursday morning, May 26th, 2011 at 7am MST.
– To enter, please leave a comment (with a valid email address, so I can contact you) here on this post as to why you would like to win a copy of the book. Emailed entries will not be counted, entry by comment only.
– Only one entry per person. Period. Please don’t try to use different email addresses, etc, as the IP numbers will be checked.
– Entries must be from residents from the U.S.
– Four winners will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received and notified via email.
Good luck everyone!
Books were provided by Larsen Global.
Copyright © 2002-2013. All rights reserved