It’s giveaway time again here on The Good Human! The great people over at Eartheasy.com have one again offered to sponsor a giveaway for you all and this time it is for the newest product in their catalog, the LifeStraw. The LifeStraw is a personal water filter which enables users to safely drink water from dirty water sources, be it from a pond, lake, stream, puddle, or just some bad local tap water after a municipal disruption. Whether you have it on hand in your emergency kit and have to use it “just in case” or you spend a lot of time out of doors near questionable water sources, this water filter provides 264 gallons (1,000 liters) of clean drinking water for you and your party.
For hikers, campers, skiers, and other outdoor enthusiasts, this water filter is light enough (2 oz) and small enough (8.5 inches long) to fit easily in your backpack without being too obtrusive. Better safe than sorry when away from home, right? It retails for $19.95, and for every 10 purchased Eartheasy is donating one straw to individuals in developing countries to help them drink safer water. Pretty sweet. Some important features include:
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Ultralight: weighs only 2oz
- Contains no chemicals, uses no batteries, has no moving parts
- Has a 3 year shelf life
- Fits right inside most reusable water bottles
The LifeStraw is the winner of the 2008 Saatchi & Saatchi Award for World Changing Ideas and the ‘Well-Tech 2006’ Innovation Technology Award, and was voted the “Best Invention of 2005” by Time magazine. Here’s a product review video to check out to see how it works:
Eartheasy provided one for my own use as well, and I plan on keeping it in my truck for emergencies or for even when I am out camping in an area without a potable water supply. While I always have my Klean Kanteens with me, I don’t always find a safe water supply to drink from and this LifeStraw will definitely come in handy within the next few years. But lucky you, you get to enter to have one of your own as well! Here are the rules and how to enter:
All you have to do to enter to win a LifeStraw is to follow the instructions below carefully:
- The giveaway starts now and will be open until Sunday October 2nd at 7am MST. No entries will be accepted after that.
- To enter, please leave a comment (with a valid email address, so I can contact you) here on this post with with your favorite item/product from the Eartheasy.com online catalog other than the LifeStraw.
- Emailed entries will not be counted — entry by comment on this post only.
- Only one entry per person. Period. Please don’t try to use different email addresses, etc.
- Entries must be from residents of the US lower 48 states
- One winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received and notified via email after the giveaway ends.