This giveaway has ended Have you ever taken your reusable coffee cup into a coffee shop and asked for an espresso drink? I have. It usually results in the barista using a paper cup to make my drink in and then pouring the contents into my own cup. So even though I brought in my own mug, a paper cup still ended up being discarded. Kind of defeats the purpose, right? Well, the people at KeepCup have come up with a solution that I think is just brilliant — the barista standard reusable coffee cup.
I was sent a 16 oz cup for review, and it has become my new favorite on-the-go coffee carrier. The folks down at the coffee shop can use it to make my mocha lattes instead of wasting any paper cups, as it fits directly under the espresso machine unlike some of the larger reusables. And for those of you worried that there is nowhere for the barista to write your drink order on the cup, fret not — there is a silicone band that goes around the cup which already has most combinations of drinks etched into it. You can just color in your drink order and voila – they know what you are having. Take a look at my cup:
The KeepCup is made from BPA-free plastic (read about why you should avoid BPA) and is dishwasher safe, and is available in sizes Extra Small 4-ounce, Small 8-ounce, Medium 12-ounce and Large 16-ounce. It was a finalist in the City of London’s Sustainable City Awards in 2010 and is almost entirely recyclable at the end of its lifespan (everything except the silicone). Interested in picking one up for yourself or a few as gifts? Click on over to Amazon to see all the different colors and sizes available for purchase.
And if you have a few minutes, the folks at KeepCup have offered to giveaway one cup to a lucky reader of The Good Human. All you have to do to enter is follow the rules below:
- The giveaway starts now and will be open until Friday December 9th at 7am EST. No entries will be accepted after that.
- To enter, please leave a comment (with a valid email address, so I can contact you) here on this post with with your favorite color combination from the Design My KeepCup page on the website.
- Emailed entries will not be counted — entry by comment on this post only.
- Only one entry per person. Period. Please don’t try to use different email addresses, etc.
- Entries must be from US residents.
- One winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received and notified via email after the giveaway ends.
Good luck everyone, and thanks to KeepCup for the giveaway. These would make awesome gifts for the holidays, helping to encourage your friends and family to use reusable cups as often as possible!Like this post? If so, please consider subscribing to my full feed RSS. Or, if you would prefer, you can subscribe by Email: