And no, I am not talking about your neighbor Jim that talks to much about himself. I am talking about moths, ants, roaches, mosquitoes, etc…you know that kind too, right? Well if you do, PLEASE do not buy that big name brand product that rhymes with “baid” to kill the pests in and around your home. That stuff is so toxic it is scary, and who ever thought it was a good idea to spray pesticides inside your house just to kill bugs was not exactly a rocket scientist. So check it out, some natural ways to get rid of any pests that might be ruining your day:
– Moths – You can use dried herbs, flowers and essential oils to repel moths. Lavender, rosemary, mint or cedar do a great job of keeping moths at bay. Just put one or more of those “flavors” in little breathable bags and stuff them in with your clothes. No more moths!
– Flies – Again, lavender oil works well here. Just put a few drops near the infestation and they should should stay away. Also, you can spray them with a non-toxic citrus cleaner, and that will put an end to them as well.
– Mosquitoes – Vinegar, vinegar, vinegar. You can put small containers of it around your outdoor patio, and if you are adventurous enough, you can even rub it directly on your skin to keep them away. I would recommend that you use a good smelling oil too if you are going to do this, or no one is going to want to be around you. You can also burn peppermint or citronella scented candles which does a great job of making them go somewhere else.
– Ants – Baking soda, borax or a hot pepper spice sprinkled along their trail will mean they will never come back there again! They also hate mint, so you can use mint leaves as well.
– Roaches – With equal parts borax and powdered sugar, you can get rid of roaches fast. Leave it out where you think they are entering your house, and the probably won’t be back any time soon.
Whatever method you use to rid your house and living spaces of pests, do not use the toxic kinds from the store. They have been shown to cause lung malfunctions, different kinds of cancers and even instigate asthma attacks. Who needs that when you can use the natural stuff already in your house?
technorati: naturally, kill, bugs, pests
Copyright © 2002-2013. All rights reserved