Now that we are living up at 7500 feet, we will definitely be needing some good, safe sunscreen to put on every day. While the sun was strong in Southern California, it has nothing on the sun here and how strong it feels! Luckily I received the 2008 Best Sunscreen List from the Environmental Working Group this morning, and after all their testing and standards, here are their 10 Best sunscreens to buy:
An investigation of nearly 1,000 brand-name sunscreen products finds that 4 out of 5 contain chemicals that may pose health hazards or don’t adequately protect skin from the sun’s damaging rays. Some of the worst offenders are leading brands like Coppertone, Banana Boat, and Neutrogena.
1. Keys Soap Solar Rx Therapeutic Sunblock, SPF 30 0
2. Trukid Sunny Days Facestick Mineral Sunscreen UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum, SPF 30+ 0
3. California Baby Sunblock Stick No Fragrance, SPF 30+ 0
4. Badger Sunscreen, SPF 30 0
5. Marie Veronique Skin Therapy Sun Serum 1
6. Lavera Sunscreen Neutral, SPF 40 1
7. Vanicream Sunscreen, SPF 35 1
8. UV Natural Sunscreen, SPF 30+ 1
9. Sun Science Sport Formula, SPF 30 1
10. Soleo Organics Sunscreen all natural Sunscreen, SPF 30+
The “0” and the “1” after certain products is their rating, with “0” being the safest and “10” being the most toxic on the Skin Deep site…as you can see, only 0’s and 1’s made it onto the list. Are you using a safe and effective sunscreen? I know I wasn’t, so we have to pick up some new stuff asap.
Copyright © 2002-2013. All rights reserved