This giveaway has ended.
About a month ago, I was sent a small package from Tierra Verde Soaps in Lubbock, Texas. Inside was a bar of handmade natural soap, which I have been using ever since I opened the package. This soap, which is still in my shower, was labeled Barley and Hops (Pale Ale & Honey) and contained barley flakes, honey, and Santa Fe pale ale. Sweet – a soap made from one of my favorite microbrews! It smells great and works really well, both of which are important aspects of a soap in my book. The basic formula for all their soaps is olive oil, organic, sustainably-farmed palm oil, lye, filtered water, coconut oil and additives such as goat’s milk, butters, clay, orange peel, oatmeal, barley, vegetable juice, fruit juice, various milks, and even beer. Take a look at how nice their stuff looks:
The colors of the soaps are the result of the essential oils themselves, clays, oxides, charcoal, herbs, vegetable or fruit purees etc., and only quality essential oils are used – no synthetic scents. The packing is minimal and/or recycled. And the best part? The soaps are handmade by a mom who considers her soaps her “functional art”, so you are supporting a small artisan business by purchasing from her. I am all for the small independent business owner over faceless corporations, so I love what Michele stands for. If you are interested in seeing what other soaps she makes, head over to Tierra Verde Soaps and check out her beautiful work. There is also free shipping for readers from Wednesday February 17 – Saturday February 20 in case you feel like picking up a bar or two. In the meantime, however, she has given me 2 bars of her soap to give away to some lucky readers of The Good Human!
Here’s how to enter to win one of the 2 bars:
– The giveaway will be open until February 18, 2010 at 7am MST
– To enter, please visit Tierra Verde Soaps and check out all the different soaps. Then come back to this post and leave a comment (with a valid email address, so we can contact you) as to which one you would like to win if you could make any choice. I cannot promise you will win that exact one, but I will try to match you up if you win.
– Only one entry per person. Period. Please don’t try to use different email addresses, etc, as the IP numbers will be checked.
– Entries must be from residents from the U.S.
– Soaps will be mailed via USPS
– 2 Winners will be chosen at random from all eligible entries received
Good luck, and thanks to Michele at Tierra Verde Soaps for the giveaway!
This giveaway has ended.
Copyright © 2002-2013. All rights reserved